The objective of Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management (Fast track course) qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in health and social care.
It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals, services users and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the hospitals/social care industry.
It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the health and social care profession. The qualification will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within health care administration and/or management.
This Level 7 qualification represents practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Masters Degrees, Integrated Masters Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
The Level 7 Diploma in Healthcare Management consists of 8 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
Learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor’s degree course in Management. Learners could also progress directly to employment.
The Learners must possess:
● Level 6 Award/Diploma or a bachelors degree or any other equivalent qualification
● 5 years or more of work experience in case you do not hold any formal qualification
● Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course.
● Managing Finance in Health and Social Care
● International Health Policy
● Strategic Management for Health and Social Care
● Organisational Behaviour in Health and Social Care
● Human Resources Management in Health and Social Care
● Managing Service Delivery in Health and Social Care
● Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care
● Research Methods for Health and Social Care Managers
Assessment is via assignment submission
OTHM, UK – an Awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator – OfQual.