The rationale for the qualification is that it provides a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles n the IT industry, notably in .NET programming, system administration and network security. Learners will also learn about entrepreneurship in a techno environment. The qualification is flexible in that it offers elective choices of networking, web design or e-commerce – the latter being much in demand in modern business. The technical skills and knowledge delivered through the successful achievement of the qualification are required and recognised internationally. The diploma is accredited at Level 5 and has a total equivalence of 120 credits (Fast track course).
● To understand and apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments.
● To understand and apply the principles in a specific environment.
● To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the IT world.
● Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry.
● Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources.
● Effectively use verbal and communication skills.
● Work independently and as part of a team.
● Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
This qualifications is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
❯ OfQual Qualification Number: 603/4794/6
❯ To view this qualification on OfQual website, please click here
❯ To download programme overview, please click here
This qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year Bachelor’s degree.
The Level 5 Diploma in IT – Ecommerce is a 120 credit qualification consisting of 4 Core units and any 2 Elective units.