The qualification deals with complex and challenging organisational issues and opportunities. The units are closely linked to current day real world and work challenges and the qualification will test and develop learners’ workplace experience and abilities.
The qualification will require learners to make judgements and provide creative and practical solutions and ways of responding to organisational challenges and problems. An action based approach will be sought and learners who have strong motivation to progress in their chosen career and business pathway will gain significantly from the qualification. The Level 5 units are also designed to dove-tail into a top-up undergraduate year at a UK University.
● To understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism.
● Review and apply the principles of business management within the industry.
● To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment.
● To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world.
● Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry.
● Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources.
● Effectively use verbal and communication skills.
● Work independently and as part of a team.
● Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
This qualifications is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
❯ OfQual Qualification Number: 603/4404/0
❯ To view this qualification on OfQual website, please click here
❯ To download programme overview, please click here
This qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year Bachelor’s degree.
The Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management consists of 4 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.