This 120 credit Qualification has been created to develop and reward the business health and social care workers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the health and social care sector (Fast track course).
The rationale of the programmes is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and care capabilities within the health and social care sector.
This qualifications is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
❯ OfQual Qualification Number: 601/5442/1
❯ To view this qualification on OfQual website, please click here
❯ To download programme overview, please click here
This qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year Bachelor’s degree.
The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care consists of 5 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
Learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor’s degree course in Management. Learners could also progress directly to employment.
The Learners must possess:
● Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent qualification
● Mature learners (over 21) with over 3-4 years of work experience
Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
● Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care
● The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care
● Research Project (40 credits)
● Partnership working in Health and Social Care
● Working with Service users with Complex Needs
Assessment is via assignment submission
Qualifi, UK – an Awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator – OfQual.