This 120 credit qualification has been created to develop and reward those learners who are looking to or already have chosen a career in a business-related sector. We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities (Fast track course).
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that your learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The Diploma is accredited at Level 5 with a total equivalence of 120 credits. It is envisaged that learners completing this Level 5 programme will progress to a university Level 6 Top-Up programme in the risk management field.
● Understand key cryptographic principles and modes
● Understand the standards, regulations and laws that apply to business and government organisations in relation to encryption
● Understand the core principles of digital investigations
● Apply the types of tool that support professional digital investigations at a strategic level
● Plan for an investigations and forensics teams
● Understand the physical and human resources required to manage a major suspected cyber security incident
● Apply Business Continuity Management to major incident planning and response
● Understand the role senior leaders and strategic leadership
● Evaluate the management streams and performance monitoring mechanisms that relate to information security
● Understand how data protection legislation impacts considerations of strategy-setting and strategic leadership
This qualifications is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
❯ OfQual Qualification Number: 603/4139/7
❯ To view this qualification on OfQual website, please click here
❯ To download programme overview, please click here
The Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelors degree.
Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security consists of 4 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.