The rationale for the qualification is that it provides a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles in the information technology (IT) industry, notably in programming, website design or PC maintenance. The technical skills and knowledge delivered through the successful achievement of the qualification are required and recognised internationally (Fast track course).
● To understand and apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments.
● To understand and apply the principles in a specific environment.
● To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the IT world.
● Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry.
● Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources.
● Effectively use verbal and communication skills.
● Work independently and as part of a team.
● Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
This qualifications is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
❯ OfQual Qualification Number: 603/4782/X
❯ To view this qualification on OfQual website, please click here
❯ To download programme overview, please click here
This qualifications at Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The Level 4 Diploma in IT – Networking consists of 4 core units and 2 Elective Units for a combined total of 120 credits.