13 Aug Career Pathway in Supply Chain Management
CAREER PATH IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – OPTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Supply chain management is the practise of integrating and optimising all procedures required to produce and distribute products in the required quantities and on schedule. Essentially, it is the most effective transfer of raw materials to consumable products. There are numerous advantages to pursue a career in supply chain management, especially if you possess an aptitude for organisation and collaboration.
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT?
Quite sometimes, a seemingly minor modification in the supply chain can result in significant cost savings and a more effective method of getting items to market. Here are just a few reasons to pursue a career in supply chain.
1. NECESSARY SERVICE: Unlike many other management disciplines, supply chain management is a constant. It is a necessary component of any firm that produces items, ensuring its survival.
2. RISING DEMAND: As Wal-success Mart’s demonstrates, more businesses are focusing their efforts on developing successful supply chain management methods, and they will need to hire personnel capable of achieving the desired end.
3. POSITIVE FUTURE: Over the last two decades, globalisation has increased the demand for supply chain managers to assist in overseeing the process. It is a rapidly growing industry that shows no signs of abating in the near future.
HOW TO BEGIN?
To pursue a career in supply chain management, you must first obtain the necessary education and experience. This requires earning a business degree with a concentration in supply chain management. After completing such education, such as logistics training, the next step is to get experience by working for a company as a supply chain management team member.
As you gain experience, your abilities and skills will be sought after by other businesses, where you can assume control of their supply chain management employees.
5 IMPORTANT CAREER TRAILS IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN INDUSTRY
There are numerous career paths available in supply chain management; it’s simply a matter of filtering down the ones that provide the most potential.
- Inventory Control Manager.
- Manager of Materials.
- Manager of Purchasing.
- Manager of Warehouse Operations and Transportation.
- Manager of Logistics.
All five of these professions are critical for supply chain management and offer the highest professional progression chances. Many begin their careers as purchasing or inventory clerks to gain experience and rise to supervisory roles. Many professionals in this industry hold multiple positions throughout their careers. This is because job requirements may include skill in multiple facets of supply chain management. To help you build these abilities, AIMS’ supply chain academy offers supply chain certification, supply chain management diplomas, and online supply chain management degrees.
Logistics and supply chain management careers are robust, so if you have an affinity for organisation, work well with others, and are capable of observation and planning, you have a bright future in supply chain management ahead of you.
Making a choice
Have a question about the online degree and diploma courses offered by London School of Business & Administration,UK? Our professional and friendly Admissions staff will be delighted to walk you through your choices.Simply Chat with us or email us, and we’ll get back to you.